Blackpink Jisoo Reveals Her Secret Way to Ease Stress
Do you still remember, the day when all blinks eyes were on InStyle Korea magazine?
Yes, that day, On Nov. 20, 2017 around midnight, a new post made all of us scream uncontrollably. InStyle Korea Magazine just released five jaw-dropping photos from Blackpink Jisoo photoshoot. We all freeze seeing Blackpink Jisoo Looks Adorably Gorgeous in Natural Concept Photoshoot with InStyle Korea.
What is more, this photoshoot brings a story of her life post debut with natural concept, Secret Wonderland. What does Secret Wonderland actually mean?
On its site, InStyle Korea states that,”Someone will be a target of envy. It looks cool but it’s never easy. It is the story of those living in Korea under the name of idol. Behind the scenes of fashion and gorgeousness, there are hidden tremendous troubles that we don’t know.”
Yeah, when we look closely to the pics, they tell the story a lot. Including a story when idols have to cope with stress. It is not new when idols experience the same things like we do, facing stress. Especially when they need to handle very busy and tight schedule, from remembering choreography and lyrics to modeling, TV show, stage performance and many more.
During the photoshoot, InStyle Korea also did an interview with Blackpink Jisoo. And she not only shared her life story post debut but also revealed one compelling story how she copes with stress.
Dear stress let’s break up!
During the interview with InStyle Korea, Blackpink Jisoo said, “I relieve stress by reading. When reading a book, I don’t need to think about anything else at that moment. Focusing on the book can also help organized your complicated thoughts in your head instantly.” Jisoo has been reading ‘Kafka on the Shore’ recently.
She then continued,”Reading books that I’ve read before may lead me to think of a completely different point of view that I’ve never thought of before. It’s like knowing something new that I didn’t know about then. This is one of the beauties of reading.”
Translation credit by @poopheyy
Blackpink Jisoo just mentioned reading as her best way to reduce stress. Agreed! For many of us, there’s nothing quite like getting lost in a good book. Reading can transport us to another world, providing escape from life’s everyday stresses.
But, is it true that reading can reduce stress?
OK Blinks, let’s take a look at some researches to find proofs!
According to new research, reading is the best way to relax and reduce the stress levels by more than two thirds. And it works better and faster to calm frazzled nerves than other methods such as listening to music, going for a walk or settling down with a cup of tea.
First things first, The Telegraph posted a research by Dr David Lewis. The research was carried out on a group of volunteers by consultancy Mindlab International at the University of Sussex. The volunteers’ stress levels and heart rate were increased through a range of tests and exercises before they were tested with a variety of traditional methods of relaxation.
According to the result, Reading worked best, reducing stress levels by 68 per cent. Whereas, listening to music reduced the levels by 61 per cent, have a cup of tea or coffee lowered them by 54 per cent and taking a walk by 42 per cent. Playing video games brought them down by 21 per cent from their highest level but still left the volunteers with heart rates above their starting point.
Dr Lewis, who conducted the test, said: “Losing yourself in a book is the ultimate relaxation. It really doesn’t matter what book you read, by losing yourself in a thoroughly engrossing book you can escape from the worries and stresses of the everyday world and spend a while exploring the domain of the author’s imagination.
Second, HuffPost (formerly known as The Huffington Post) wrote an article on its Healthy Living section saying that reading can help improve health and well being.
- Reading can reduce stress. According to a 2009 study conducted by the University of Sussex in the United Kingdom, reading can reduce stress levels by as much as 68 percent, even more than listening to music or going for a walk
- Reading can slow cognitive decline. In 2013, a study by researchers from Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, IL – published in the journal Neurology – found that reading and other mentally stimulating activities may slow dementia.
- Reading can improve sleep. According to the Mayo Clinic, creating a bedtime ritual – such as reading a book – can “promote better sleep by easing the transition between wakefulness and drowsiness.”
- Reading can enhance social skill. A 2013 study published in the journal Science found that individuals who read fiction may have better “theory of mind” – that is, the ability to understand that people’s beliefs, desires, and thoughts are different to their own. Study author Keith Oatley, of the Department of Applied Psychology and Human Development at the University of Toronto, Canada, suggests that fiction allows the reader to engage with the characters, which may lead to increased empathy with others in reality.
- Reading may boost intelligence. A 2014 study published in the journal Child Development found that children with better reading skills by the age of 7 years scored higher on IQ tests than those with weaker reading skills. Studies have shown that reading can increase an individual’s vocabulary, which has been linked with greater intelligence.
And Finally, a research,“Stress Management Strategies For Students: The Immediate Effects Of Yoga, Humor, And Reading On Stress” from Journal of College Teaching and Learning; Littleton Vol. 6, Iss. 8, (Dec 2009) saying that one 30 minutes session of Yoga, humor and reading had similar effect to reduce acute stress in relatively short amount of time. Whoaa does it mean we can skip Yoga and choose humor or reading instead? 🙊💁🏻😜
After reading all those researches we know how smart Blackpink Jisoo is, in choosing the best way to ease stress. No wonder she always looks happy and full of smiles, laughs and humors. She knows how to handle her self when the stakes are high.
Knowing these findings just make us love her even more. We are always amazed how Blackpink Jisoo answers every interview question. She knows when smart answers are needed and when funny responses work best. She is smart, talented and crazy at the same time 😍